POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cloth experiment : Cloth experiment Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:14:17 EDT (-0400)
  Cloth experiment
From: Chaps
Date: 29 Nov 2001 12:09:37
Message: <3c066bd1@news.povray.org>
I am playing with a cloth model inspired by other post. I have built an
external program that allow to create a mesh2 object, and make it interact
with gravity, wind and elementary objects (spheres, torus...).

I give to this object some properties such as elasticity, visvosity and
permeability. They work as expected, but in limited cases. The worst thing
is with elasticity: when I try to define a piece of cloth that resists to
enlargement, the model become instable.
So far, I am only able to generate kind of marshmallow cloth, like the one
in the picture below.
Is there someone who has some advice on the subject?
Chaps

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mesh2.jpg' (14 KB)